Waxing for both sexes
At B-Unique we provide all types of waxing treatments for both men and women.
If you’re after smooth skin without the sting then Kim Lawless trained waxers should be your next port of call. A Kim Lawless trained therapist ensures special techniques are used, which makes waxing less painful and a more effective treatment, along with being as comfortable as possible and stress free for you. Known as the ‘Waxing Queen’ Kim’s skills and passion for waxing is contagious as I am extremely proud to be Kim Lawless Certified!
Preparing for your waxing
It is just as important to prepare the area before a wax as it is to take care of it after a wax. Follow these tips toensure a quick appointment that is a little less painful.
- Trim the hair before your appointment if you have longer hair as this can be more painful to wax.
- Ensure your hair is at least ¼-½ inch long, so the hair can be removed effectively.
- Exfoliate the waxing area 24-48 hours before your appointment. This will keep the skin soft and smoother and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Bath or shower on the day of your appointment to open up follicles, allowing for easier hair removal.
- Do not apply any deodorants, make-up, lotions, soaps, powders, perfumes or self-tanning products to the area to be waxed.
After your waxing service, you may expect the area to be red, some may experience blood spots due to thicker,courser hair and the area may feel tender and tingle.
For the first 24 hours after a waxing service, avoid the following to prevent irritating the skin:
- Touching, scratching or exfoliating the waxed area.
- Sauna’s and stream rooms
- Exercise, gyms and swimming
- Sunbathing, sunbeds or any sunlight and UV exposure.
- Applying products to the waxed area such as deodorants, make-up, lotions, soaps, powders, perfumes, self-tanning products etc.
- Tight fitted clothing that may cause friction to the waxed area
To prevent ingrown hairs gently exfoliate 2-3 times a week with a body scrub. Start this routine 2-3 days after the waxing treatment. It is essential that you perform this routine between days 3-10 after your wax service. Remember to not over exfoliate as this can cause damage to the skin.
Follow your exfoliation with an enriching and nourishing moisturiser. This process will prevent ingrown hairs and ensure that your next wax is easier and a little less painful.
Contra-indications that prevent the treatment from being carried out:
- Oral Roaccutane Medication.
- Contagious diseases (Impetigo, Scabies, Chicken Pox, Mumps).
- Infectious diseases.
- Under the Influence of (alcohol, drugs, prescribed pain medication).
- Hypersensitive Skin
- Loss of Skin Sensation
- Vascular Skin
- Severe Varicose Veins
Contra-indications that may restrict treatment:
- Scar tissue (6 months minor operation, 2 years major operation)
- Areas where topical Roaccutane has been used
- Undiagnosed lumps and bumps
- Heat rash
- Hairy moles
- Recent fractures (3 months)
- Medication that may have an effect on skin sensitivity, condition or blood.
- Cardiovascular Conditions (Thrombosis, Phlebitis, Hypertension, Hypotension, Angina, Pacemakers)
- Medical Oedema
- Recent Operations
- Trapped/Pinched Nerve
- Inflamed Nerve
- Severe Varicose Veins
Precautions and Considerations: Please read these valuable guidelines.
- Accutane (Acne medication)
- Adapalene (Acne medication)
- Alustra (Retin A)
- Avage (Tazorac – Acne medication)
- Avita (type of Retin A)
- Differin (Acne medication)
- Isotretinoin (like Accutane)
- Renova (Retin A)
- Tazarac (Acne medication)
- Tazarotene (like Tazorac)
- Other Acne medications not listed above
- Bleaching agents for hair (used mostly for upper lip)
- Bleaching agents for pigmentation of skin (Hydraquinone, Trilumena)
- Previous chemical depilatories such as Nair
- Benzoyl Peroxide (ProActive)
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Glycolic, Lactic)
- Oral Antibiotics
- Topical Antibiotics
- Salicylic Acid
- Other exfoliants
- You must wait a minimum of seven (7) days before waxing after a light chemical peel or Microdermabrasion.
- Waxing cannot be performed if you have been in a tanning booth the same day.
- Waxing cannot be performed if you have had laser skin resurfacing within the past year.
- Waxing cannot be performed if you have had a physician administered peel within the past two (2) years.
- No sun/tanning booths for 2 days following a waxing treatment. Extra precaution should be taken if using tanning accelerators. Wait 2-3 days to wax before/after tanning with accelerators.
- Women may experience extra sensitivity to waxing up to a week prior to the beginning of their menses.
Pricing – women
Chin/Upper Lip/Sides of Face/Nostril: £5
1/2 Arms: £10
Full Arms: £15
1/2 Leg: £15
Bikini Wax: £10
Hi-Rise Bikini Wax: £15
Pricing – men
- The sunga (Sac, Penis, Pubic Triangle shaped or removed, Crack) – £40
- The Miami (Sac, Penis, crack, Buttocks, Pubic Triangle shaped or removed) – £45
- The Aussie (sac, Penis,Pubic triangle shaped or removed, Crack, Buttocks, Full back) – £55
- The Kiwi (Sac, Penis, Pubic Triangle shaped or removed, Crack, Buttocks, Chest and Abs) – £60
- The Manzilian (Sac, Penis, Pubic Triangle shaped or removed, nothing removed atthe back) – £30
- The Speedo (Crease of leg and blended) – £15
- The Mexican (Buttocks only) – £15
- The Ibiza (Butt Crack only) – £15
- The Londoner (Buttocks and Butt crack) – £28
Men’s facial waxing
- 15 min face lift – Brows, ears and nostrils- £18
- Eyebrows- £8
- Ears inside and out – £8
- Nostrils – £5
- Cheekbones – £5
- Face Hairline – £10
- Back of neck hairline – £10
- Beard and Moustache- £30
- Men’s Upper Body Waxing Chest and Stomach – £20
- Chest – £15
- Upper Back, Shoulders and Neck- £15
- Full back, Shoulders and Neck- £20
- Shoulders only – £10
- Small of Back – £10
- Underarms – £8
- Forearms incl elbows and hands – £12
- Upper arms – £10
- Full arms incl hands – £20
- hands only – £8
- Men’s lower body waxing Full legs and feet – £25
- Upper legs incl knees – £15
- Lower legs incl feet – £15
- Feet only – £8
- Full legs and Speedo- £30
- Men’s full body wax incl Brazilian- £150
- Men’s full body incl Brazilian, brows, ears and nostrils – £165
Other packages avaliable upon request