Electrolysis Permanent Hair Removal
What is Electrolysis?
Electrolysis hair removal is a cosmetic procedure that involves using an electric current to permanently remove individual hair follicles. It is a safe and effective method of hair removal that can be used on any part of the body.
What areas can be treated?
The most common areas that tend to be treated are upper lip, chin, nipples, nostrils, bikini line, stomach line, eyebrows and sides of face however any area can be treated. Appointments are generally between 15 – 30 minutes long however we can offer longer if necessary.
How many treatments are needed?
To begin with it is better to have your treatments regularly to reduce the hair growth as quickly as possible. If your skin is healing well, you are able to have treatments in as little as 1-2 weeks apart. As the hairs begin to diminish and come through less frequently then you are able to spread your appointments out further. The number of treatments needed for electrolysis hair removal varies from person to person and depends on several factors, such as the area being treated, the thickness of the hair, and the individual’s hair growth cycle.
Will the hairs go completely?
Not from just one treatment, however even with all the advanced technology we have, Electrolysis is still the only method of hair removal that can claim to be 100% permanent.
Does it hurt? Is there any downtime?
The treatment is tolerable and you will expect to feel slight pain however it is manageable. There maybe some redness and tenderness for up to 24-48 hours after the treatment. However we recommend using Aloe Vera Gel which is avaliable within the salon.
Consultation – FREE
Patch Test (if needed) – £10
5 minutes – £15
15 minutes – £30
30 minutes – £50
45 minutes – £80
60 minutes – £100
The Hairs usually need to be at least 1-2mm long which is usually around 48 hours since you last shaved. Please ensure that you do not wax or pluck the area as this can have a negative impact on the results.
Discontinue using Accutane for at least 6 months before treatment and avoid using Retin A, Tazorac or Retinoids for at least one week before treatment.
To get the most from your treatment we advise you follow our guided aftercare.
- No hot baths shower or other heat treatments 24 hrs before or after treatment
- Use recommended aftercare twice a day for two weeks
- No exercise that causes sweating for up to 48 hours after treatment
- Avoid touching area
- Do not pick area or rub the area. If small scabs form or the area feels uncomfortable then you can use Epsom Salts diluted with cooled boiled water on a clean washcloth to sooth the area for 5-10 minutes (1tbs of Epsom Salts to half a cup of water)
- Avoid heat and sun exposure for 72 hours after treatment.
- Always use SPF20+, regardless of weather
- Refrain from using perfumed or alcohol based products on the treatment area