Thanks to developments in product formulations, Spray tanning is more popular than ever. Gone are the days of the ‘orange’ jibes – At B-Unique we use Sienna X tanning products which leave you with a gorgeous, natural looking tan without the dangers of skin damage caused by over exposure to UVA and UVB rays.
Sienna X was launched in 2008 and has since gone on to become official sponsors of the Brit Awards and Strictly Come Dancing. It is one of the most loved tanning brands by professionals and celebrities alike, including Jessie J, Ellie Goulding, Harry Judd, Chelsee Healey, Robbie Savage, Tina O’Brien, Jessica Fox and Sarah Dunn.
Whether you’re looking for a natural, healthy glow or a beautiful ‘sun-kissed’ tan, at B-Unique we have got the perfect tanning product to keep you looking and feeling great
How to look after your newly bronzed skin that you’re in
Aftercare is essential following a spray tan.
It will take up to 8 hours for the spray tan to develop so please try not to wash during this time. To keep your tan looking good for as long as possible just use shower gel in the shower with your hand, no body polisher and so on.
Avoid swimming or vigorous exercise for the first 24 hours as this can affect the development of your spray tan and can prevent the depth of the correct colour from forming.
Keep moisturising everyday … this will prevent your tan from drying out.
ALWAYS use sunscreen to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays.
Here’s the definitive run-down of the top ten tricks recommended by spray tanning professionals at Sienna X to help you achieve a deep and flawless fake tan.
Achieving a beautiful sunless tan without mistakes is easy when your skin is prepared for the treatment. Preparations can be done in advance and will smooth out the skin to give the best base for your spray tanning product.
- Buff away dry skin before treatment with a gentle exfoliator. This will make your tan last much longer by revealing new skin.
- Wax at least 24 hours before treatment, ideally 48 hours before to allow the pores to close.
- Shave at least 24 hours before treatment and apply a rich moisturiser to replenish dry skin.
- Moisturise generously the day before, ideally overnight. This will prevent dryness and provide the perfect tanning base.
- Rinse off any products, perfume, oils, moisturisers and make up before attending your spray tanning appointment.
- Dark, loose cotton and jersey fabrics and dark underwear without tight waistbands are ideal to wear before and after your spray tan. Some of the guide colour can be easily removed by tight fitting clothing so it is best tokeep clothing loose.
- If you are new to spray tanning, a patch test before your treatment maybe recommended to ensure the tanning formula is suitable for your skin.
- Take some hair ties along with you if you have long hair to keep the back of your neck and shoulders free.
- If you have to run any errands after your spray tan, please bare in mind the tan will still be developing.
- Applying nail polish to fingers and toes will help to protect the nails from any discolouration from the tanning product.
This has been taken from https://sienna-x.co.uk/top-ten-tips-to-help-you-prepare-for-a-spray-tan
Half body spray
full body spay
Contra-indications that prevent the treatment from being carried out
First Trimester of pregnancy.
Skin diseases and disorders.
Open cuts and wounds.
Contra-indications that may restrict treatment
Eczema and psoriasis – can be covered by barrier cream, if not open and weeping.
HRT and IVF can interfere with the result of a tan. This may also be applicable during menstrual cycle (those pesky hormones!!).
Acne can appear darker after a tan and may aggravate acne conditions.
Diabetics can have a tan as long as they are following their recommended treatments and have no open cuts.
Asthma – consult with your doctor prior to having a tan, but usually it is fine if it is under control with medication.
- Allergy to DHA or sensitive skin – a patch test can be applied 24 hours prior to treatment.
Caflon is a manufacturer of the most widely recognized ear piercing systems in the world. Caflon ear studs are made from sterilised hypoallergenic material meaning it is rare for allergic reactions and irritations to occur.
Caflon ear piercing pricing
Diamanté/Gold Stud – £35